Saturday, April 23, 2011

Eggs

I know all of you are very impressed with the fact that you're reading/seeing something on my blog besides last year's thoughts of JP moving up to Pre-K.  Nothing has changed except my boys are still growing up way too fast for my liking:(  Other than that, same old story. I'm still juggling a job, my husband, precious baby boys, and lovely graduate school.
 However, I can say with confidence that I'm overly excited that all those drives back and forth to Troy, Alabama will be coming to a close on June 20th.  I will be going back for my last two courses of graduate school on May 23. Four nights a week. {BOO!} But, it will be so nice to see the date: June 20th, 2011 on the calendar and know that I will be OFFICIALLY done with graduate school!
I've contemplated on whether or not I should retrace our steps on the blog for this past year, or start from today.  I'm going with the latter at the moment.  The thought of going back looking for pictures, etc. and uploading them to the blog in itself is stressing me out.  For now, my hopes are to update once a month{let's see if I can stick to it} on all the events that are going on at Hardy Hill. 

What am I going to discuss? Easter egg dying.  Before I begin, I must thank the following people for their generous donations.

1.)  PaPa R and Missy (my parents): tailgating table(ROLL TIDE)
so I wouldn't have to worry about making a mess inside my house.
2.)  PawPaw and MawMaw Hardy:  two dozen farm fresh eggs from their chicken coup.
3.) Missy: food coloring

Moving on....I roused the boys from their nap and told them I had a suprise waiting outside for them.  Just the mention of 'surprise' gave my boys their boost of energy for the day.  I led them out the front door towards the table I had set up on the front lawn with all of the eggs, decorating tools, and a glasses of sweet(sugar-free) lemonade.

Here are photos of our 'egg-xciting' afternoon(in no particular order)....


steady hands





Add caption







before

after






1 comment: