Sunday, May 4, 2008

"Mom"

Before I was a Mom-I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby. I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous. I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom -I had never been puked on. Pooped on. Chewed on. Peed on. I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts. I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom- I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests Or give shots. I never looked into teary eyes and cried. I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin. I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom- I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put him/her down. I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt. I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much. I never knew that I could love someone so much. I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom -I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body. I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby. I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child. I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.

Before I was a Mom -I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay. I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom. I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much, before I was a Mom.

**I received this as an email from one of my friends. I thought I would share it with you......wonderful, pretty moms!! Happy "before" Mother's Day!!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey Girl! Thanks for the sweet post! I love you and am so glad we got to work together last year! I hope you'll stop in when you come to Enterprise! We'll be moms of 2 very soon-that is hard to believe! We can try and take them to the park...I feel sure it would be an adventure!
I love the "mom" post! How true!! I hope I can teach at Holly Hill in a few years. You'll have to share your connections with me. We're going to have to definitely visit Hillcrest too-I've heard lots of good things about that church! Anyway..we'll keep in touch! Glad you've got a blog, so I can see pictures of your sweet, growing family! Love you!

Dave and Mandi said...

Thanks Julie! I am definitely interested in the class. You can email me the info at mandi.clark@yahoo.com. I've been wanting to take one for a while now. I think it's neat that we have the same taste too. I saw the bedding over a year ago, but wasn't engaged at the time. I sure do wish I would have ordered it now!

Ashley said...

what's your email address? i'd love for you to come by!! how many more days of school??

Beth said...

Hello! Just thought about our trip to the beach. Let me know when will be good for you. Also, about the condo info. from T.J. I just totally forgot to call you just like I said I would. Thanks anyway! We have made reservations. Sorry for not letting you know sooner! Well, I know you said you were doing summer school so call me when you have a free day. Talk to you soon.