Monday, May 11, 2009

Cowboy & Cowgirl in the Making

My niece, Ashland, rode up through the pasture towards our home Saturday morning grinning from ear-to-ear. This sweet little girl has fallen completely in love with the Kelley Family horse, Mendocino. (Yes, just like the song......The Sun Sets West on the Mendocino County Line). Let me add that she's not the only one that enjoys a ride. John Parker has taken a strong liking in her as well. Also, the saddle on Mendocino happens to be the very same saddle that my brothers and I used on our horse, Sugar, growing up. So glad that my daddy kept it for the grandchildren.

These pictures were too sweet not to share with all of you!! Enjoy!!!

(In the pictures below is my oldest brother, Jason. Doesn't he look like a true country boy sporting his beloved overalls???)










Jason and Ash were unaware that I was taking this picture as they were heading towards the house. Isn't that sweet shot of a little girl and her daddy?












11 comments:

The Cotton's said...

Julie, I am completely ashamed to say that I have the same camera as you! I think that you really have a God given talent for photography. You better really reconsider having me take your photos for you! These pictures are beautiful, but then again how could they not be with JP and Ashland in them!

Lori said...

Precious pictures. I really think that Ashland resembles Jason the most of all his children!

Tina K Rogers said...

These are really sweet. Great pics!

Lynn Castleberry said...

Sarah has the sweetest family! I just love her!!! That one of Ashland and her dad is adorable. Definitely a keeper!! Great job as usual.

Heather said...

Great pictures Julie, as always.

The Wilson's said...

Beautiful pictures! What a great hobby for anyone! I love horseback riding and could do it everyday!

Beth said...

Oh, that makes me miss my horses!!! I tell John all the time I want to get another horse, but he doesn't have the same fondness for them as me! I think about riding all the time and miss it so much! I didn't appreciate those times when I had a horse, but I sure would now!

Great Pictures!!

Karen said...

Julie, you are so talented with a camera! I love the pictures. The one of Ashland and Jason is definately frame-worthy (she looks just like him btw) Thanks for sharing!

Samantha said...

What wonderful pictures! I agree that the one of your brother and niece should definitely be framed!

jeff and rebecca said...

Wow, are cowboys now donning "crocs" instead of boots?? What a fashion statement. He looks so cute sitting up there like a grown man!

Unknown said...

Julie- i really love looking at your blog and keeping up with all of you this way- you are such a talented photographer! Hope we get to see all of you this summer or at least at the MSU vs Alabama football game! love you! Kim