Saturday, May 2, 2009

What About The Details?

It is very obvious that I haven't had time to slow down to tell you about all of the details from the last images that I posted on the blog. Hopefully, I can catch you up on what all we've been doing these past couple of weeks in a short version-if there is such a thing in my vocabulary-of the events that have kept us busy; a fun busy at that!

The first question you might ask: How's Sawyer? So far, so GOOD! We haven't had to make a 'sick' visit to the doctor's office since our last trip several weeks ago. YIPPEE!! He is back to his drooling, cooing, babbling, laughing, scooting/crawling 'backwards', and smiling self. He is growing up faster than I want him to, but I must admit that I like it when their little personality shines through as he continues to develop with each passing month.

As for John Parker, let's just say he has more of a social life than his parents!:) As you can tell from the pictures from my previous post, he went to Jack Foreman's "Birthday Carnival Extravaganza" and had a BLAST!! (It is apparent that his mommy is a great event planner!!) He went to two egg hunts: one at the church and the 'traditional' hunt at my parents' home. We also went to the beach during Spring Break for a couple of days and had a BALL!! The child is fearless when it comes to the beach--and always has been. I wasted my money in buying him all of the essentials that he would need to dig in the sand at the beach. Once his size 9 feet touched the sand he went straight for the water and stayed there the entire time. And, no, I didn't take my camera out on the beach with me so I don't have a picture to show you. It was mighty windy and I didn't want to take the chance of the sand getting into my camera. But nothing to fear, because we will be going to Sea Grove Memorial Day weekend so I plan on taking oodles of pictures while we are there for our first trip as a 'family of four'.

However, I did attempt to get a few pictures of John Parker at the train depot in town where he was lovin' playing on the train. He kept yelling, "Choo-Choo Train, ALL ABOARD!" (He's learned this little liner from one of his train DVDs). So, I just let him play, set my camera to continuous shoot, literally ran around trying to keep with his three-year-old body, and came to the understanding and realization as to why photographers have a high sitting fee. I was out of breath when I got through shooting 100 pictures--no exaggeration either. We will be taking family photos with Lori's photographer, Pasty Brown, in the fall and I'm predicting that she'll up the price of her sitting fee after she's through with our family!!!!

That pretty much sums everything up that's gone on these past weeks. I'm counting down the days until school is out and look forward to spending time with my little ones at home. Please say a prayer for me this week. Jeremy is leaving for Orlando tomorrow for a business trip and won't be back until Friday, meaning that I'll have the kids and house to myself. He is a HUGE help with the kids and it is going to be quite an adjustment for me in the mornings before school and after. But nothing to fear because my sweet mother dear lives near!!! YAY!!

One more thing: John Parker is well on his way to being potty trained!! Dr. E told me at his well checkup (last year when he was two) not to push it, that when he's ready I'll know. Well, he was right. For the past week, he's been going to the potty on his own without me asking him if he needs to go. Hopefully, we are on the right track to buying no more pull-ups! But, reality is setting in with me knowing that this milestone is another "I'm growing up, Mommy!" and it makes me sad!


I'll leave you with these pictures. These two boys enjoyed their first bath together this past week. Can you tell by Sawyer's face that he loves his brother?




10 comments:

Lori said...

If Patsy can keep up with Jack, she can handle John Parker and Sawyer:) She moves around a lot too - they may have to keep up with her!!

Beach trip - I'm jealous!! My two men and I are going down to Houston week after next to catch the flu!! Sound like fun?!

Love those pictures of the bath!! So, so cute!

The Cotton's said...

Oh my goodness, those bath pics are adorable! They remind me of my two boys. You have soooo much in store for you as they get older. Britt and Parker J. keep me completely entertained by their "big boy" conversation between the two of them. Just wait until Sawyer starts talking, you'll see what I mean. The conversations can be very comical at times! Isn't so much fun living with these little guys?!? What more could we possible ask for???

Shonna said...

I'm guessing you are planning to hang those bath pics in your bathroom?!?! They are way too cute!

The Clarks said...

I certainly can identify with the busy-ness of life. So much to do, so many places to go. It is fun though. Our little people make life so much more bearable don't they? Your pictures in the tub are sweet, sweet! Love 'em!

Heather said...

I love, love, love those bath pics, and the look and little Sawyer's face looking at JP is priceless.

The Wilson's said...

I am so glad that Sawyer is staying well! J.P. looks just adorable out there fishing like a pro! You little guys have the most beautiful blue eyes! I can tell you they are going to little heart breakers some day! We will keep you and the boys in our prayers while Jeremy is gone and we pray for his safe return!

The Wilson's said...

Sorry, I meant to say YOUR LITTLE GUYS! One day I will learn to read it before sending it!

Katelyn Ellis said...

Two beautiful boys!!! = )

Ashley said...

Julie!! I can totally relate to everything you say! The potty-training being a little sad, and your Sawyer growing up a little bit to where he has a personality! I think my Eli feels the same way your Sawyer feels about JP! I'm jealous you captured it in a picture! SO CUTE!!!! I'll have to give it a try too come bath time! (Mine have been in the tub together since Eli was about 2 weeks old though!) Eli in the little tub and Sawyer right beside him! It's amazing how much you can love isn't it!?!? HOLY GAMOLY! AND to think GOD loves us as much as we love these boys!?!? Blows my mind! Love you! :)

Michelle said...

LOVE, love, love the bath pics, especially the last one, Sawyer's face is too cute! Looks like you are pretty busy and loving every minute, I'm sure! I can't believe how JP looks like a little boy now and not a baby or toddler any more! He is growing so fast! They are both just precious and I have to tell you, JP (especially in those bath pictures) looke A LOT like Scotty!! You have some precious boys!!