Monday, February 15, 2010

'Snow' Place Like Home











































































































































WOW! What a spectacular day Friday turned out to be. We were overflowing with feelings of pure joy and excitement the day we looked out the window and discovered snowflakes falling from the sky. The students at Andalusia City Schools already had the day off, and we were supposed to have an in-service day, but due to the 'inclement' weather it was cancelled. Jeremy had to go into work on Friday and he woke me up to tell me that it was actually snowing. When I glanced out the window and saw the amazing sight, I knew that I had to wake John Parker from his deep slumber. He stood in the window sill of our bathroom window and stared for minutes at something he'd never seen before in his life---only on Frosty the Snowman movie. ;) He immediately began jumping up and down and with the happiest tone in his sweet little voice saying, "I've got to go outside and play in the snow and Frosty. Mommy, let's go wake up Sawyer. No, wait a minute, first I've got to get my jacket and boots." As far as he was concerned, it was Christmas ALL over again.


The last time south Alabama had accumulation of snow(and it was only 3") was in March of 93' --making me 13 years old. That particular 'snow day' is one of my fondest memories as a child. Just like that day, I was bound and determined to savor every moment in the snow with my three loves and family members. It was such a magical, surreal feeling seeing our home place all dressed in white. Most importantly, making memories in our minds and hearts. I've spared showing you all the 471 pictures that I took on that breathtaking day, but instead shared with you the ones that depicted, "Making Memories of Us"!

2 comments:

The Clarks said...

Julie, what great pics! Your house is BEAUTIFUL!! I've never seen it before, and in the snow, it is absolutely gorgeous!!

Looks like your boys had a ball in the snow! And you and Jeremy too!

Joy said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures. They are GREAT!