Sunday, February 21, 2010

Kelley Compound

Several of you have asked about seeing pictures of Scotty and Micalyn's home that is currently under construction, so I though I'd post a picture that I took during our 'snow much fun day' and post for everyone to see. A lot has been done to this beautiful home 'in the making' in just a week's time. My intentions are to go over one afternoon soon and take pics of their house--front, back, and side. Scotty and Micalyn have recently disconnected their Internet because they didn't see any use in paying $$$ for something that they rarely get on due to their work schedules and home building project, etc. and I can't say that I don't blame them. But, I'm sure once they are settled, they'll be back in cyberspace with the rest of us.

I have to take a moment and brag on my brother and his skills that God has richly blessed him with. Scotty has always had a knack for building anything and everything!!!! My grandfather, Jack Kelley, who passed away when I was 6 months old, taught my father and my uncles the carpentry skill that they, too, have passed on to their sons. The majority of my childhood was spent at homes that were being built by Kelley Builders. Scotty has taken on the undertaking of yet, again, building a home on his time off from work as a supervisor at Shaw. This time it is more special knowing that he is building the love of his life's dream home. The picture that I have posted truly doesn't do it justice. I told Mic-Mic(as the boys call her) the other day that they'll have PLENTY of room to fill it up with children. Oh, how I long to see little Scottys and Micalyns pitter-pattering through their home.

Not only do I love the lay-out of their home, but one of my favorite features has to be the back porch. (So much so that I've already told my husband that in a few years that I'd like this to be added to the back of our home--along with a pool--he laughed about the pool part!) Anyways, they have a huge covered patio with a cathedral ceiling. And, to make it extra nice, a fireplace extending from the ceiling to the floor will be built at the back part of the patio. I can already envision wonderful family gatherings once they've moved in.

Scotty has always been a hard worker, very compassionate person, fun loving, and a kind heart, and am proud that he has his wonderful wife that compliments him so well. Without further ado, here is the new Kelley home in the making that is being built in the Kelley Compound. (Wouldn't you agree that my parents have the perfect retirement home with all of their children living around them?!?!?! (Now, we just have to get T.J. married and settled in with the rest of us as well......interesting to see when that happens....:)

***I can't find the other pics that I took of the house up close, but once I do I'll post them, too!***You can click on the image to make it larger so you can get a better view if you need one.***

4 comments:

Lynn Castleberry said...

That is so great that you all get to live so close together and that your kids get to grow up playing together. Such strong bonds will be made in the years to come. O.K. Tell me how you did your header!

Heather said...

Beaurtiful

Christi said...

I wish I had a few carpenters in my family! I have a whole list of carpentry projects that I wish I knew how to do myself!

Love the new blog header!

mandy said...

It is so pretty! You are so right about all of them being talented!