Friday, January 16, 2009

2-Day 'Staycation'......

at home all because my sweet, little Sawyer wasn't feeling well on Monday and Tuesday. I kept John Parker home with me as well and we enjoyed a wonderful, playful time together. John Parker has found a new love-puzzles. He will put this particular construction puzzle(that Santa brought him) together countless times. The cutest thing is that he'll automatically look for the "corner pieces" or (mathematically speaking-right angles) before he begins placing the pieces in their correct location. He'll say, "Momma, Where's the corners?", as if he is teaching me how to put a puzzle together. Once he has strategically placed the pieces where they go, he'll repeat what Jeremy and I always say to him which is: "Very good, John Parker!" Then he'll purposefully place a puzzle-piece in the wrong spot just so he can say, "NOOOOO!" and then place it correctly. He likes to self-correct himself!! It is funny to watch him. Maybe I can catch him on video to share with all of you. It is sooo funny and cute! I got a few pictures of him working on his new favorite thing to do in the playroom.




























While John Parker was entertaining himself with puzzles, Sawyer occupied his time with much crying. Who can blame him? The little guy didn't feel well at all--which resulted in a not-so-fun day for him. The proof is as follows:



He didn't care for Little Lamb at the moment.


Not in the mood for pictures!


Maybe just one decent pic for my momma.



Enough already! I don't feel good!!!!!!

16 comments:

Christi said...

Precious!!! I love the little story about JP and his puzzles. I also love the first picture of him peeping out behind that easel. You should blow it up and hang it in his playroom!

I'm sorry for poor little Sawyer. He's still cute as a button even though he's not feeling well.

Tina K Rogers said...

wow, jp is a good little puzzle maker!! hmmmm maybe a little an engineer on your hands!

The Wilson's said...

I am sorry Sawyer isn't feeling well. I hope it doesn't spread to anyone else. Tell J.P good job on the puzzle!

everythingismeowsome said...

That first picture is too precious! What cuties you have!

Lori said...

Sounds like a fun day for you and JP. Sorry that Sawyer isn't feeling well. Hope he gets better SOON! They're just getting cuter and cuter!

Ginny said...

Good Job JP!! Sawyer, hope you are feeling better.

Lori said...

I meant to tell you, I love Sawyer's little shirt. He's been talking with his clothes too. HA

I was going to tag you b/c you will have SOOOO much to remember b/c you and Jeremy have been together like 50 years, (HA) but Heather beat me to it. Can't wait to read yours!

Unknown said...

Aw! Your boys are so precious! Thanks for your comment! I will definitely keep all of you posted on the book.

Reagan said...

Poor little Sawyer! I hope he is feeling all better! John Parker is so precious with his puzzles. Isn't it so sweet when they really get in to something??!!?

Anonymous said...

Madison loves puzzles, too. What a fun day, except for lil Sawyer. Bless his heart! Hope he is much better. I got your comment about being sorry for not bringing the book to church; don't worry about it at all. I just hate you had to miss for that reason. I went to Eufaula this weekend so that is why we weren't at church. Sorry if you brought the book and I wasn't there to get it. We will cross paths one day soon, hopefully! Hehe! Hope your long weekend is going good.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and yes, several people have told me she looks like Robyn; especially those that know my sister. SHE ACTS LIKE HER, TOO!!! Hehe!

Heather said...

AWWWWW poor little Sawyer. He is so cute and like Lori I LOVE his shirt. I hate it when the little ones get sick. JP is a little smarty. He's a little cutie as well.

jeff and rebecca said...

We came to Andalusia last Friday night and by Saturday morning Will was on Cathy Jacobs couch screaming with an earache! It broke my heart to see him in such pain and know that he was feeling so badly. Just seeing your baby's sweet little face as he cries makes me want to cry as well. I would rather me be sick than my precious child! I hope he is feeling better!

leslep said...

So sorry little Sawyer was not feeling well. You have such handsome little men, I love the picture of John Parker at the top.

The Clarks said...

John Parker and Ty do their puzzles just alike. Ty thinks he can't put in a piece until all the corners are in. That's too funny! I love the picture of John Parker with his sweet little hands putting the puzzle together. Wouldn't it be nice to just freeze this special time and age that they're in right now? They're growing up right before our eyes.

The Clarks said...

How could I forget? Little Sawyer's face is just precious in those pictures. He's so cute!