Sunday, November 2, 2008

One more to add.......

Guess who was at the Alabama game this past weekend? Jay Barker, former Alabama QB from the 1992 National Championship team under Coach Gene Stallings, with his new wife, country singer Sara Evans, along with Eva Logoria, and Athletic Director, Mal Moore. Many of you may be aware of Barker and Evans' recent marriage, but just in case you weren't I'll fill you in. Barker and Evans were introduced to one another through their Christian 'marriage' counselor when both of them were going through a difficult time after their marriages ended with their spouses being unfaithful. God brought their lives together and now they have 7 children between them. There is a clip on YouTube where Sara Evans is performing in B'ham and singing none other than "Sweet Home Alabama", and at the end she and Jay introduce all 7 children to the audience. It is too cute! They make a beautiful couple, but above all else they are strong Christian people. Looks like we have a new UA fan. Maybe she'll give UA fans a performance during halftime in the future. :)



10 comments:

Jovi said...

So cute boy~~
How many times your blog reader meet you a day?
I have an idea let them contact you easily.
http://skycape7.blogspot.com/2008/11/sky-cape-shorts-to-skype.html

The Clarks said...

I was wondering about Jay Barker-interesting story!

Heather said...

Jay came to Opp Middle School on night a few years ago and spoke. I went & seen him, he was awesome. I did not know he was divorced and I surely didn't know he married Sara. ROOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL TIIIIIIIDDDDDDDEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Ashley said...

I saw that picture in the paper. That is pretty neat! Did y'all go see him when the new Wal-Mart opened in Andalusia? I told Walker I know how he got Sara Evans! :) He sure is a nice-looking man...even if he's in the wrong colors! :) I do LOVE Sara Evans! I wonder how Eva got in on all that?

Lori said...

I saw that!! Bama fans everyone. He did end up with Sara, but he is still some kind of cute!! Remember when we would go down there dying to see him at the games!! ROLL TIDE!

Beth said...

He is one handsome fellow!

Julie, I have been out of touch with the world...my computer is torn up and it has been terrible! I hope to be getting it back SOON!!!!! I will have to catch up then!

Lori said...

Just wanted to say ROLL TIDE from the Foreman group!! It wasn't exactly pretty but it was a WIN and that's all I care about right now. Yeah, we'll have to watch them together next year b/c we're pretty picky about where we go this year too. I have a bracelet that I've worn every game and actually had to turn around on the way to T - town and get back to get it! We'll be at the game next week so we'll try to pull them through that one too!! I feel like I played every play tonight!!

Look forward to seeing you at revival. Come sit with me if you want - I'll hold that precious baby!!

The Wilson's said...

Hey Julie,
Jason's mom is shopping for a new camera. She wants a nice digital camera that isn't very hard to use! She wanted me to ask you what type of camera you had. We both think the pictures you take look nice. You can put it on here or email me at gwil@bellsouth.net.
Thanks for your help,
Ginger

Michelle said...

I hadn't heard about Sara Evans marrying Jay and why was Eva there? Wonder what her connection is? I just went back through your blog from the past week or so and have to say I cracked up when I saw the picture of Sawyer and the "weight room" comment!! I laughes so hard!!! And that picture of you and him with the funny face is super cute!! I have some funny face pictures of Emmie like that too, maybe they ARE meant to be a pair...LOL :)

The Wilson's said...

Julie,
Thanks for the camera info....it will be very helpful!!