Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Boy's World & Baby Shower








John Parker checking out the tire pressure.



My sweet "sisters", Sarah and Micalyn, gave me a baby shower!!!




Mother and me at the shower!!






Yummy CAKE from Beth's Grandmother Dean!










We had a wonderful and eventful weekend filled with outside play and a baby shower for Sawyer David. First of all, for those that haven't heard we have once again changed the name. Jeremy's middle name is David and we decided to include that in Sawyer's name. Jack will have to wait for the 3rd boy-if there is one! :) I have already received monogrammed items with Sawyer's initials so there is NO changing our mind now!!! We have completed John Parker's new "BIG BOY" Safari room and he has adjusted remarkably well. It was probably harder on me and Jeremy than John Parker. I thought that it would be a challenge trying to keep him in the bed without him getting up during the night., but oh boy, was I wrong!!! It has been a week now and he is sleeping in his new room, in his new bed, without any hesitation, and lovin' it!!!! It is so sweet and sad at the same time to see his little body in a full size bed. It seemed like yesterday that I was putting his 7 lb. 12 oz. and 22 inch long body in a baby bed. Now I have a grown little boy on my hands and expecting another little baby boy in 17 days!!!! I haven't taken any pictures of John Parker's new room, but as soon as I do I will post it so you can all see. Jeremy and I have all our bags packed and we are waiting ever so patiently for his arrival. As for school, we started our in-service today and the students will be here on Monday, August 11th. My plans are to start the school year and leave when it is time for Sawyer's entrance into the world. It worked out perfectly with John Parker and I am hoping that Sawyer follows in his brother's footsteps!! HAHAHA!!! We shall see! Just keep us in your prayers and especially John Parker as he will no longer be the only baby boy in the house!!! Pray that this too will be an easy transition for him!!!

































































9 comments:

Shonna said...

You are too cute...keep your feet propped up in this heat!

Julie said...

You are so sweet, but I certainly don't feel cute! Just this week my hands and feet have started swelling. I told Jeremy that I felt like a water balloon filling up day-by-day. HA!! Oh, the things that pregnancy brings on but we know it is ALL worth it in the end.

Michelle said...

You look beautiful...trust me, you don't even look pregnant except in your belly. If you could see me, you'd feel great about yourself!! And I'm several weeks behind you!! LOL Oh, well, everyone says I won't even think about how hard the pregnancy was after the baby...we shall see :) Your little John Parker is just too cute and he is a really good mix of you and Jeremy!It's always interesting to see if the second baby looks like the first! I bet they will look completely different, but equally cute!! Shonna's right, keep your feet up and let Jeremy do all the work and pamper you these last few weeks!!

Michelle said...

I meant to tell you, ONE day, I'll try to post a link to all our wedding pictures on here so everyone can look at them! That is really neat that John Parkers birthday is on our wedding anniversary!! We will have to plan a meet and greet with th new babies soon, maybe when I come home for Christmas break! Maybe we could get all of us (Shonna, Beth, Christy, etc.) together for a brunch or something!! I would love to see you again, it's been too long!

Beth said...

Julie,
You look wonderful! I hate I missed the shower, but I know Sawyer is set. And I'm so happy to hear how well John Parker is doing! That makes you feel better I know. Yes, it will all be worth it when that sweet boy arrives!

Christy said...

You make pregnant look cute! John Parker looks so much like Jeremy. He seems to like the outdoors a lot! Tell everyone I said hello. It's been a long time...

Christi said...

You look precious pregnant! My feet sporadically swell but my hands have decided to permanently plump up. I can't wear anything but my wedding band and that's because I force it on. I refuse to walk around toting this watermelon belly without a wedding band on at least! :) Your little boy is a cutie-pie-- the pictures are great. Are you the photographer? You could open up a photography business. :)

Ashley said...

Julie,
I had heard how cute you were at the shower! Joy said you were so cute in your black dress and heels. Then, I saw the pictures and you do look fabulous! My "clothes question" was where you found your dress. I have a 10 year reunion in a month, and I need a cute dress. If you don't mind sharing where you got it, I'm going to go hunt it down! :) I'm so impressed you're starting school! Glad you feel okay! Take care! Love, Ashley

Samantha said...

I love JP's hair! He is a doll! Maybe we need to go ahead and arrange something for him and Oki--hahaha! As for Sawyer, rest assured...two boys are great and JP will be so proud to be the big brother! Does he have a big brother shirt? As for a third boy--I told you...It needs to be a girl!!! hahaha! See you Monday!