Wednesday, September 17, 2008

This and That


Sawyer is a month old!! Today, I took him to the doctor for his second round of the Hepatitis B immunization and he is gaining weight beautifully!! He weighs 10 pounds and 6 ounces. He has gained two pounds in two weeks time!!




John Parker is fascinated with spiders!! YIKES, I know!!! He is loving this shirt from Old Navy with the spider whom he calls, Charlotte!! {From his fav. movie, Charlotte's Web} AND, he loves his daddy's new Alabama "Saban" Sunhat! He has the hat on backwards!! :)



Here is a little of JP's artwork from over the weekend. He decided he liked coloring on the wall rather than on paper. We had no idea that he had done this until he asked me for a paper towel. So, I gave him one and he proceeded to "clean" the the floor, doors, and walls in the house;which he does often. He then went into the playroom and I asked him what he was doing and this was his reply, "I am cleaning!" Followed by, "Uh, Oh Mama! The wall is pink!" He was trying to clean up his own artwork from the wall!! I couldn't help but LAUGH!


WOW! What a weekend we had......It all started last Thursday when I picked up John Parker from Guardian Angel and told his teacher that I would probably keep him home on Friday so Sawyer and I could spend some quality time with the "big brother" of the house. Mrs. Jean, JP's teacher, informed me that there was a stomach virus spreading through GA and that it probably would be a good idea for me to do just that. My mind was made up the moment she said the word "virus"!! {A new baby, toddler, and a virus doesn't equal perfect harmony, right?} Well, Friday rolled around and it couldn't have been a better day spent with my two boys.

Once night arrived, is when the UGLY showed up in the Hardy household!! I had just finished feeding Sawyer when Jeremy and I heard John Parker crying and calling our names. Jeremy arrived to JP's room first to find the most dreaded thing....evidence of the stomach virus. I won't go into any details but I am sure you all can picture the scene in your mind. So, here we are up in the middle of the night trying to comfort John Parker, sanitizing everything in sight, and washing the sheets. My sweet hubby decided that he would stay in the room with John Parker since I needed to be available for Sawyer!!

Fortunately, the virus didn't last too long and JP was up and running full speed ahead the next day. BUT, the virus did linger around in the house and infected Jeremy and myself. IT WAS HORRIBLE!!! It began Sunday night and lasted well into the late afternoon of Monday. Jeremy and I felt deathly sick!!! Thankfully by Wednesday, we were beginning to regain our strength. We were sooooo weak!!! I prayed and prayed to the Good Lord for Him to protect little Sawyer from this "yucky thing" and so far those prayers have been answered!!

9 comments:

Shonna said...

I knew something must be up because you had not updated in a while. I am glad all of y'all are better...Mommies just don't have time to be sick!!!

I can tell your little man is growing too - tt is so amazing how they change so much in those first few weeks!

Christi said...

Bless your heart! I can't imagine having that to go through right now! I am glad Sawyer hasn't gotten sick and I am so sorry that the rest of you did. UGH!! Thank goodness it's over!

the jewells said...

So sorry y'all have been sick. I know lots of people have had that mess. Just give me a call if you want to see the dresses before Saturday. I might be able to wait until Monday. My number is 222-2175.

The Cotton's said...

Well, we were all doing the same thing Friday night. We had a nice outing to the football game and came home and put the boys to bed. About midnight Parker started throwing up and it lasted all night. He finally got some sleep and he woke up Saturday feeling much better. The rest of us didn't get the virus, thank God. I hate that you all had it. Glad to hear that you all are better!

Beth said...

I'm so sorry you all have been sick! That's never fun!! Glad y'all are better.

It's funny we were just talking about coloring on the walls the other day and you said he had not drawn on anything yet. Well, I guess it makes the room have character! At least it was the playroom!!!

Sawyer is too cute! And growing like a weed!

The Clarks said...

Wow, your little fella is a growing boy too! Julie, can you believe he's already a month old? Why does time have to fly so fast when you're loving life just the way it is?
Sorry to hear about JP's nasty virus. Glad it's over for y'all.

Christy said...

Sorry to hear ya'll were all sick! It's so pitiful when little kids throw up because they just don't understand what is happening. I know it scares Gracie to death every time it happens. Luckily, it's only happened a time or two.

Sawyer is getting so big! And he is so cute! Hopefully he's dodged the bullet!

Ashley said...

I'm so sorry y'all were sick! Glad you're better! Have I told you how glad I am that you're updating your blog on a regular basis!?!?! I do enjoy hearing all about what The Hardys are up to!! JP is cute in his hat & spider shirt! I bet it will be worn out by Halloween! :) CUTE!

Samantha said...

Just reading your post makes me exhausted! I'm so sorry you've all been sick, but I'm thankful that Sawyer was spared!

Your JP is so precious...I love his artwork! You were so smart to take a picture. Oki colored on my sofa with a black sharpie the other day...There are benefits to having old funiture!!! Hahaha!