Friday, September 26, 2008

A Look Back













I just LOVE this precious soul!!!! I was looking back at some pictures and decided to post these from when he was younger. Man, how I wish I could make time stand still!! But, I must say that it this a fun age that he is in right now. There is never a dull moment inside or outside the walls of our home. He definitely keeps us hopping and we wouldn't have it any other way.


A funny JP story: John Parker loves to give high-fives to everyone. Well, a couple of weeks ago Jeremy, John Parker, and I were exchanging high-fives when all of a sudden JP asked himself this: "John Parker you want a high-five?" "OKAY!" Then he gave himself a high-five. I know it doesn't sound that funny in words, but it was hilarious in person. Jeremy and I were literally rolling on the floor with laughter. He was so serious about the matter. And above all else, the conversation he had with himself was priceless. I look forward each day to all of the things that he says and does. I know all of you with children can totally relate.

On a side note: He stayed with my parents last night while we enjoyed some food and fellowship with our sweet friends: Hunter, Ginny, and the precious, beautiful Mr. William(I could go on...he's just soooo handsome),and the newly engaged couple, Russ and Claire. Thanks guys for the delicious food and most of all for your friendship!! **Ginny, I found my battery charger for my camera this morning. Too bad my camera wasn't charged last night to capture our two little buddies together. Next time I'll be ready!!!

11 comments:

Christi said...

I love the picture of him against the brick wall! Very cute!

Heather said...

Oh Julie, he just a cutie. Kids are great. Aiden is 1 and he gives the cutest facial expressions and the words he does say is precious. Bailey can come up w/ some silly stuff to. Some of the stuff she says sounds like a grownup would say LOL.

The Wilson's said...

That hi-5 story is too cute!! Just wait til he gets a little older, he is going to have more personality than you can stand. Anna is so witty, and the older she gets the quicker she gets with her comebacks. They also like to tell it like it is, I can see many embarrasing moments headed my way!
Emily isn't far behind, because she is constantly listening to Anna.

Beth said...

That's too cute! I love all the pictures. It seems like just yesterday he was that size and now he is such a big boy! They are so much fun!!

Teri said...

Hey Julie! What a beautiful family you have!!!! I finally somewhat set up a blog, but no posts yet...I'll hopefully find a little time this weekend to do that! My address is hicks4.blogspot.com You inspired me to set one up.

Ashley said...

He sure is cute, Julie! I can imagine the high-five story perfectly-what a character!!! :) It really is amazing to look back at pictures and think how fast our babies are growing! This blogging thing is a fun way to document and appreciate the little, enjoyable moments that are going to be gone so fast! (is that sad or what??!)

Teri said...

Your comments were so sweet! Thanks! I look back at Anna Beth's pics and wonder how she has gotten to be 4 years old!!! It really does fly by. That's why you just have to cherish every waking moment with them! Before we know it, they'll be teenagers and won't have anything to do with us! Ha! Ginger was telling me about your galley wrap. What is the site you got it from? I think I'll try it.

Teri said...

OOOPS! I had a typo too!! I meant gallery! See what happens after you have kids....you don't even have time to spell correctly! LOL!

Samantha said...

Sooooo sweet! It's amazing how quickly they grow.

Anonymous said...

I guess it's in the air--I was watching old videos last night of Olivia!! I keep asking myself "where did my baby girl go???"!!! I want her to grow and learn and be happy, but at the same time, I want her to stay a baby forever! This is one of the hardest parts of being a mommy, in my opinion.
BUT, he's beautiful and you're a great mommy! So all of these precious memories you've captured on camera should make you happy--and proud! Give him a smooch from me! And one from Livie, of course! hehehe!

leslep said...

These pictures are so adorable.